Two Ways to Get Back Tax Help

Irs back tax help

A lot of people need help with tax debt. Maybe they need help with tax problems because they have just fallen behind. Maybe they need tax problem help because they did not understand tax law correctly. Whatever the case may be, there are plenty of ways to obtain IRS back tax help. A few ways to obtain Irs back tax help are through the IRS itself. Other methods of IRS back tax help are with professionals.

The Internal Revenue Service, or IRS, can offer much help when needed. Granted, the IRS will not dispute a debt with you, but has statutory authority to be flexible in many cases. Sometimes, they can underwrite an Offer in Compromise, or OIC. OICs are when you pay as much as you can over a period less than 24 months long, and then the IRS will write down or forgive the rest of the debt. There are other ways the IRS can offer help.

Another way to get IRS back tax help is with an independent tax professional. Many times, the IRS unfairly imposes penalties because it misunderstands matters of law or matters of fact. Tax professionals can provide IRS tax problem help because they can provide an objective eye. They can reexamine the facts of your case, and then present your assessment to the IRS.

When the IRS serves you a letter notifying you of a penalty, it is time to seek IRS back tax help. If you are willing to admit the debt and swallow your pride, contact the IRS directly. Otherwise, seek IRS back tax help through a tax professional.

Leave a Reply